Monday, November 16, 2009

A Recharge

Some days I'm just grumpy, I really don't know why...but I am; maybe I'm just stressed. Today it started early at 6 AM, my mother was up asking me where I was going. As usual I said I was on the way to the gym, she said I should wait till later. I just looked at her and told her to please go back to bed. When I got back from the gym, I was glad to see she was still asleep. Around 10:30 I called my sister asking her if she could come over. My sister is the good one, she heard the need in my voice. By noon, her and her husband came over to take us out to lunch.
Sometimes you just can't do it all by yourself. I think that is an important thing to remember when you're caring for your elderly parent.
Thank you my sister and brother-in-law. Lunch was wonderful, even if I broke my diet big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment